30 January 2018

English for New Media Promo

So, my closet shelf does not seem to be the only thing to explode this week. 

My computer decided it wanted to shut down. I have a bad habit of not saving things, so as par for the course I hadn't saved this thing. Computer rebooted finally, tried pulling it up in that stupid program - Window's Movie Maker, 'cause I'm too much of a poor college student for a decent program - and it had ~saved~ it... ish. Tried pulling it up, did so for about three seconds before it started to not respond. It closed, pulled it back up, and everything was gone.

This week is the best.

I'm not posting the ~rough draft~ here, simply because I had twenty minutes before class to remake it and it is absolute scheiße. 

I did have an idea in mind for this thing though. I did start with the roaring lion of MGM, simply because I thought it'd be cool. I was going between the countdown and that, but the lion won in the end. I wanted to show different iterations of the same thing; Alice's Adventures Through the Looking Glass, the Alice in Wonderland animation, Alice: Madness Returns video game, the live action Alice in Wonderland. I did it for Alice as well as Pride and Prejudice (throwing in & Zombies for another iteration of it). I was going to add another, but time was a concern for it.

The audience, to me, was definitely perspective students to the major. I think it would turn out the same (or maybe just incredibly similar) if I had chosen the class as the audience. 

My goal is to show iterations of the same base story. We are so used to the same basic story, but just because the story started out as a giant book doesn't mean that's the only way to do things. English books, comic books, animations, live action, video games, this thing, that thing.

(Plus, rewatching the thing I put together in that twenty minutes I had between class, the cuts are wrong. Gifs don't work. It has the lion for ten seconds - not working as a gif - two quick pictures of Alice (book/animation), and then speeds through the others faster than you can tell what they are.)

--

EDIT: Another idea I'm getting based off of seeing other videos is to include Warcraft. It goes from a video game, to a movie, comics, books... It's an example of a world that did not start as a book.

No comments:

Post a Comment